SHOW YOUR ART IN A MEDIEVAL TUSCAN LOCATION
A 12th Century square surrounded by 10 galleries and exhibitions
Figures and Forms: 5th - 28th May 2017 (no longer available)
Emotions on canvas: 9th - 25th June 2017
Expressions of the Mind: 5th - 30th July 2017
Creative Connotations: 2nd - 27th August 2017
Exhibit in one of our prestigious contemporary art galleries
- A great opportunity for your career
- Your art in 3 publications
- Personal Press Exposure Editorials
- Exhibition in 12th Century medieval Piazza
What you get - included in your fee
- Art Critique Document
Service included in participation cost but subject to critical approval of the committee (verdict communicated within three working days and prior to any financial commitment). The artist will benefit from a professional art critique by the International Confederation of Art Critics related to the artworks displayed. This critical document will be an A5 booklet consisting of an art critique, artist biography, artist photo and three works. The artist has the right to use and republish the critique to benefit their career during and after the exhibition. 100 prints of the document are included within the exhibition fee. Please click here to see a sample critique.
- Official Expo Publication
Service included in participation cost. "Chianciano EXPO 2017: The Contemporary Art and the Medieval Setting" book is a hardback of approximately 80 pages that will gain international visibility. The publication will be posted for sale on Amazon's global portal and sent to the British Library, the Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford, the Cambridge University Library, the National Library of Scotland, the Library of Trinity College, Dublin and the National Library of Wales. Sponsored by the Chianciano Art Museum. Please click here and see the cover and the two pages dedicated to the artist of the 2016 publication.
- Your Personal Digital Catalogue
A 20 page digital brochure with your work will be created and published on-line. The document is professionally made and print-ready. The artist is given all the rights to print and use the document and texts for life. The catalogue is composed 10 pages related to the EXPO (Tolouse-Loutrec exhibition, The Chianciano Art Museum, Medieval grottos) and 10 pages related to the artist, including the front cover featuring the artist's work. Up to 8 Artworks by the artist will be published with a biography, C.V. and artist statement. The catalogue can be printed at the EXPO on request. Please click here and see the personal digital catalogue.
- Press Exposure
The artist will have articles posted in Artnewsreport.com, Artpress24.com, Americanartnews.org and Artworldtalk.net. The articles will be editorials related to the artist and the participation in the EXPO that will create a strong web presence for the artist.
- Saatchi Museum Magazine
At an extra cost the EXPO can offer a full page advert on the official Saatchi Museum Magazine in London, readership 250,000.
- British Museum Magazine
At an extra cost the EXPO can offer a full page advert on the official British Museum Magazine in London - one of the most prestigious art magazines in the world.
Overnight bookings per year in Chianciano alone of like-minded and high potential people
- Unique opportunity to exhibit in a wonderful medieval setting
Chianciano was founded in Etruscan times and its medieval square dates back to the 12 Century.
- All Art Galleries art located in Medieval Chianciano's Central Square
- The area is surrounded by attractions that attract high numbers of tourists
- Art is a central part of Chianciano EXPO
due to the traditions and to the demand in the area
- All exhibitions and artists are added to EXPO events pages
How it works
- Artists can participate in solo or group shows in the various art galleries that are part of Chianciano EXPO
- The EXPO believes in expressive freedom and is open to all forms of art
- The installation of art is carried out by EXPO curators
- Artist attendance is not a requirement for group exhibitions
- In relation to artist Solo exhibitions, artists must be present
- There is a participation fee that starts from 450 euros (inc. tax) for a week exhibition, please see costs and options below
- All applicants must pay a refundable deposit of 200 euros (inc. tax) to apply. The deposit is refunded if the artist is not selected to participate and is deducted from the participation cost if the artist is approved.
- Please fill in the online form to take part
Framing and Transport
Minimise the costs of framing and transports
Free stretching and framing services for standard sizes (to allow the artist to ship rolled canvases or works in paper to save transport costs). We provide the following size frames for use during the exhibition; 50x70cm, 80x100cm, 100cmx100cm, 120cmx100cm.
In relation to stretching, the stretcher bars must be included in the roll with the canvases and are not provided by us. In relation to works on paper, passe par tout is provided if needed.
Artists benefits while in Chianciano
- Special rates with excellent hotels ranging from B&B to luxury
- Special rates for the Terme and Spas.
- Beautiful outdoor spaces with the availability of artists easels to paint in the vicinity of their exhibition to facilitate contact with tourists and to enjoy the landscape
- Access to the Chianciano Art Museum, its terraces and and its library to meet and socialise with guests
Stock and installation of artworks
- Artists can show two works up to 100cm x 100cm or one larger work.
- Artists can show a select number of works but stock is also important if pieces are sold
- Up to 4 works are stocked at the Chianciano Art Museum and are transported to replace sold pieces
- The museum only accepts responsibility for stored artworks shipped in wooden crates.
- Transport to replace work and installation of artworks is done by the museum staff at no cost
- One week group exhibition: 450 euros
- Two weeks group exhibition: 700 euros
- One month group exhibition: 1000 euros
- Solo exhibition: Price on request
The low fees for the wide range of services are only possible due to the sponsorship of the Chianciano Art Museum, Gagliardi Gallery in London and the International Confederation of Art Critics