How it works
- Artists can participate in solo or group shows in the various art galleries that are part of Chianciano EXPO
- We believe in expressive freedom and are open to all forms of art.
- Artists can exhibit for one week or longer periods.
- The installation of art is carried out by EXPO curators
- Artist attendance is not a requirement
Info about Chianciano & the EXPO
- 600,000 Overnight bookings per year in Chianciano alone of like-minded and high potential people
- Unique opportunity to exhibit in a wonderful medieval setting.
- Chianciano was founded in Etruscan times and its medieval square dates back to the 12 Century.
- All Art Galleries art located in Medieval Chianciano's Central Square
- The area is surrounded by attractions that attract high numbers of tourists
- due to the traditions and to the demand in the area
- All exhibitions and artists are added to EXPO events pages
Stock and installation of artworks
- Artists can show two works up to 100cm x 100cm or one larger work.
- Up to 4 additional works can be stocked at the Chianciano Art Museum to replace sold pieces during the show.
- The museum only accepts responsibility for stored artworks shipped in wooden crates.
- Transport to replace sold work and installation of artworks is done by the museum staff at no extra cost.
Framing and Transport
- In order to minimise the costs of framing and transport, we provide free stretching (strecher bars must be provided) and framing services (frames provided by the EXPO) to allow the artist to lower costs by sending artworks rolled in a tube).
- We provide the following size frames for use during the exhibition; 50x70cm, 80x100cm, 100cmx100cm, 120cmx100cm.
- In relation to works on paper, passe par tout is provided if needed.
- The frames remain the property of the EXPO and will be removed once the exhibition ends.
Artists benefits while in Chianciano
- Special rates with excellent hotels ranging from B&B to luxury
- Special rates for the Terme and Spas.
- Beautiful outdoor spaces with the availability easels to paint in the vicinity of their exhibition to facilitate contact with tourists and to enjoy the landscapes
- Access to the Chianciano Art Museum, its terraces and and its library to meet and socialise with guests
Official Expo Publication
"Chianciano EXPO: Contemporary Art in the Medieval Setting" book is a hardback of approximately 80 pages that will gain international visibility. The publication will be posted for sale on Amazon's global portal and sent to the British Library, the Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford, the Cambridge University Library, the National Library of Scotland, the Library of Trinity College, Dublin and the National Library of Wales. Sponsored by the Chianciano Art Museum. Please click here and see the cover and the two pages dedicated to the artist of the 2016 publication.
International Confederation of Art Critics review
Service included in participation cost for artists participating in a show of at least two weeks. The artist will benefit from a professional art critique by the International Confederation of Art Critics related to the artworks displayed. This critical document will be an A5 booklet consisting of an art critique, artist biography, artist photo and three works. The artist has the right to use and republish the critique to benefit their career during and after the exhibition. Please click here to see a sample critique.
All applicants must pay refundable deposit of 200 euros (+10 euro paypal fee) to apply that is returned if an artist is not approved to exhibit. If an artist is approved to exhibit, the 200 euros is used towards the total fee and therefore deducted from the amount payable. The fees are as follows:
- One week (7 full days) group exhibition: 450 euros
- Two weeks (14 full days) group exhibition: 700 euros
- One month group exhibition: 1000 euros
- Solo exhibition: Price on request
How to apply
Click on the icon and fill in the on-line application form.
Click on the icon and Pay the 200 euro (+10 euro paypal fee) refundable deposit.
- We will then contact you requesting 10 images by email of available works for the selection process. Applications will either be approved or fully refunded within 7 working days.